BP Greater Plutonio FPSO
MICROPACK'S experience extends to supplying Fire and Gas Engineers to the worlds largest oil and gas operators, who then provide 24 hour on-site support on these safety critical F&G systems.
One such site where MICROPACK's expertise is utilised, is the BP Greater Plutonio FPSO, sited in block 18, offshore Angola.
MICROPACK have two Fire and Gas Engineers, IRATA trained (Rope Access) covering a four weekly rotation offshore, maintaining a ~99% F&G detection system availability.
Our offshore Engineers primary responsibilities in this role include, and are not limited to:
- Carrying out daily health checks on the full fire and gas detection system.
- Carry out rope access activities, accessing detectors to perform preventative maintenance routines, fault finding and repairs.
- Complete all Major Accident Critical Equipment (MACE) Preventative Maintenance routines as defined by the Maximo Database each month.
- Compile availability data of the F&G system to ensure the system availability meets the Key Performance Indicator (KPI)
- Maintain an onshore and offshore spares holding.
- Maintain all Fire and Gas Test Equipment.
- Ensure every task undertaken is entered into the Maximo Database recording every detail.
- Liaise with Onshore Technical Authorities and Offshore Management regarding any F&G issues.